When it comes to any content marketing strategy, blogging is a big part. Not only will it boost your SEO efforts and keep your site ranked above competitors, but it can also help you open lines of communications with current and prospective patients.
Before we dive into the specifics, let’s skim over the basic benefits blogs can have on your marketing techniques:
- Drive traffic to your site
- Convert traffic into patients you can serve
- Establish yourself as a guide for readers
- Bring long-term results (imagine your blog posts will still linger in search engines even months after they’ve been published)
Blogging to Enhance Your Healthcare Practice
1. Connect with patients
A well-kept blog gives you the opportunity to highlight issues that your practice handles and gives patients important information.
You can also use comments and social media to interact directly with patients and form long-lasting connections that will help develop trust.
2. Gain trust in your expertise
With a blog you can position yourself as a leader in the field. The more you can share with your potential patients about your specialty and medical procedures, the more trust they will have for you.
Additionally, you will benefit from the increased online rankings that will give your practice the reputation and credibility of being an expert in your medical field.
3. Personalize your practice
Going back to connecting with patients: you can use your blog as a way to demonstrate a more personal side. When you open up and show personality, people will be more drawn to you and more likely to trust you.
4. Stand out from the competition
Use your blog as an outlet of self-expression and as a way to set yourself apart from competitors.
If you are committed, with time your medical blog could prove to be important sources of information for patients and reflect your practice’s dedication to bettering the community.
When it comes to the actual blog there are a few guidelines that will be essential to success.
Content and style will vary, but the main goal remains the same: inform patients and provide valuable health information. If you’re serious about committing to a blog keep these tips in mind:
- Keep content simple and medical jargon to a minimum. Speak to patients in a way that will make them feel comfortable.
- Always answer reader questions and comments.
- Share content on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) to widen your audience.
- Make content timeless: it should be useful to readers today and a few months from now.
- Personalize content by using your own experiences and anecdotes.
You should always aim to give patients information that will allow them to manage their illness and be educated.
Stick to themes like frequently asked questions, latest news in your field, trends like seasonal health problems, or events that are coming up (a 5k or charity event for a health foundation, etc.)
We can help!
We’ve been working with healthcare marketing for over two decades — we’ll give you the personalized approach that will allow you to expand your practice.
If you’re ready to take your organization to the next level and reach more patients, get in touch with us!